Voice4u for Android Version-1.2.5 Released
New Voice4u Android version (1.2.5) is out now. We resolved the issue with handling a low-resolution pictures.
In the previous versions, if the size of a picture is low (say, 200px x 200px), you might have seen a very very coarse picture. This is because an image is automatically scaled uniformly (maintain the image’s aspect ratio) so that either width or height of the image will be equal to the width of the Android phone screen.
Now, a small image is not scaled and put it at the center in the screen.
Here is the recommended size and format for an item image:
- Minimum side length (width or height) is 500 pixels or more.
- PNG format (Jpeg is fine, too)
What’s coming on the NEXT update?
In early June, we will be updating the next version, 1.3.0 with lots and lots of new great features. For example, you can switch grid/list style views:
(The image is taken from the development version.)
How do I update?
It is straightforward. Please follow these steps (this is the standard way to update Android applications).
- Tap on the Notification menu at the top and drag it down.
- Find Voice4u. Just tap on that and you’ll be taken into the Android Market and be presented with a list of all installed programs that have an update.
- Tap on Voice4u to begin the update.
- Next, tap Update. The program will remind you it’s replacing the current version. Tap OK.
- Now you’ll be shown all the things the application has access to. Tap OK.
- New Voice4u will be installed and you’ll be up to date.
If you hit any issues with the new version, please let us know immediately and we’ll fix it right away 🙂
— the Voice4u team