How to Make Your Own AAC Switch
Voice4u has become switch accessible and supports the Bluetooth Switch Interface (BSI) from RJ Cooper & Associates. Any switch that has a 3.5mm mono plug works with the BSI. Wide varieties of switches are available from many companies, but we would like to show how to make your own switch from scratch here.
What Do I Need?
- 3.5mm mono plug
- Push button
- Solder, soldering iron, cable stripper
1. Cut two 3 foot pieces of wire.
2. Solders the wires and a 3.5mm mono plug.
3. Put the plastic cap of the mono plug.
4. Twist the wires.
5. Solder the wires and a switch.
6. Let’s test it if it works.
Plug the switch to the Bluetooth Switch Interface (BSI).
7. It worked!!!
To enable the switch accessible feature on your Voice4u, read the following page:
How to Use Voice4u with Switch
We will make this stuff animal an AAC switch.
Here, we are using a snapping switch.
Cut the back of the stuff animal and insert the switch.
We added extra stuffing to make it stiffer and more stable. And stitched it.