New Release: Voice4u Android Version-1.7.0
A new version of Voice4u for Android phones/tablets are available on Android Market and Amazon App Store. We will make an announcement about the NOOK Market as soon as it passes through the review of B&N.
Here is a highlight of this update:
- Improved the copy function: you can copy icons to a specific category, without going back and forth the edit screen. A lot faster and easier!!
- Added a preview image on the edit screen.
- Bug fix: icons under the Uncategorized category were not able to edit.
1. Copy Function
You can duplicate an icon by tapping the blue button on the edit screen. In the previous versions, the duplicated icons are automatically saved under the same category of the original icon. From now on, you can directly copy to a different category. Check out this step-by-step tutorial for more details.
Here is a quick demo: Tap the “Copy this icon”,
and then, select a category that you want to save at.
2. Preview Image on the Edit Screen
We added a small preview image of the icon being edited.
3. Bug Fix
Last but not least, the icons under the Uncategorized category were not editable in the previous version (1.6.0). We fixed it and the Edit button should appear on the screen.
What else is going on now? – Voice4u Cloud
We are currently developing the Voice4u Cloud System, which enable us to share voices & pictures of Voice4u with more than one device, across iOS and Android OS. And of course with your friends!. For iOS devices, it is possible to copy a set of icons to multiple iOS devices [how to copy Voice4u data], but impossible to do from iOS to Android or vice versa. The Cloud System will make this happen. It will work as a solid backup system. So, no more hassles to changing devices, or changing operating systems.
How do I update?
It is straightforward. Please follow these steps (this is the standard way to update Android applications).
- Tap on the Notification menu at the top and drag it down.
- Find Voice4u. Just tap on that and you’ll be taken into the Android Market or Amazon App Store (depending on which store you purchased Voice4u) and be presented with a list of all installed programs that have an update.
- Tap on Voice4u to begin the update.
- Next, tap Update. The program will remind you it’s replacing the current version. Tap OK.
- Now you’ll be shown all the things the application has access to. Tap OK.
- New Voice4u will be installed and you’ll be up to date.
– Voice4u Team