Voice4u works on Visio VTAB 1008: Voice4u for Android Version-1.4.1 Released
We made further update to the Android version of Voice4u. Based on feedbacks recently received, we fixed the incompatibility problem with Visio VTAB 1008. We hope it also becomes compatible with other models of Android tablet.
When we tested the previous version of Voice4u (version-1.4.0), it apparently crashed every time we tried to record voice, which was a bug. We have fixed it by tweaking the code and it now works on the Visio Tablet.
VTAB 1008 is reasonably priced at around $199 ~ $249 and can be a nice option for your portable AAC device. It also supports Netflix and we could watch videos without problems. But here is a drawback: there is no camera on the back of the device. A camera is installed only on the front side. So, this can be a bit tricky when you need to shoot photos with Voice4u and other applications.
For more information about VTAB 1008, check this out:
Details, Technical Specifications and Features of VTAB 1008.
VTAB 1008 is available from these retails stores:
(We purchased ours from local Costco for $239.99).
How do I update?
It is straightforward. Please follow these steps (this is the standard way to update Android applications).
- Tap on the Notification menu at the top and drag it down.
- Find Voice4u. Just tap on that and you’ll be taken into the Android Market and be presented with a list of all installed programs that have an update.
- Tap on Voice4u to begin the update.
- Next, tap Update. The program will remind you it’s replacing the current version. Tap OK.
- Now you’ll be shown all the things the application has access to. Tap OK.
- New Voice4u will be installed and you’ll be up to date.
If you hit any issues with the new version, please let us know immediately and we’ll fix it right away 🙂
– the Voice4u team